- Setup your HTML so that the browser does not run in compatibility mode. This will ensure that the IE8/IE9 engine renders the page. The downside of this is that your page will still fail on IE7.
- Manually include the JSON library in your page. You can either include it with all page loads or specifically check what browser the user is using and only send it to browsers that need it.
- The file that you want on the below link is “json2.js”. Newer browser should ignore this file if you include it, but it will allow older ones to work.
- You can find the JSON library here: https://github.com/douglascrockford/JSON-js
- If you included this in the same directory with your HTML you would just add this somewhere below your jQuery inclusion with a:
My choice and recommendation is solution #2 which is what I’ve use whenever I’ve run into this issue.