IE9: couldn't be downloaded

Posted by Blake on 8/10/2011
)

I started receiving this error this morning while working on some code that writes a file to the response stream. I’ve never had this error before, the file was generated fine through the code, IE just wouldn’t download it. To resolve the issue I had to reset IE9 back to it’s default settings.

  1. Click the “Tools” menu (press “Alt” if it’s not displaying and the menu bar will popup).
  2. Choose “Internet Options”
  3. Click the “Advanced” tab.
  4. Click the “Reset” button. Select everything on this form and confirm. It may take a moment to clear everything out. You’ll need to restart the browser afterwards. Also, you’ll have to have all other browser windows closed before you can do this (it will also tell you this if you don’t).

I tried every other trick I knew before resetting to no avail. Hope this helps someone.